Monday, June 9, 2008

Loud & obnoxious people

While I was reading my devotions earlier tonight, I came across a couple of Bible verses that apply so well to obnoxious (& usually loud) people. The first is from Proverbs 29:11, "A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards".  I think this verse describes many people who are this type of person very well. They just say what's on their mind, disregarding the fact that its either not appropriate to the situation or place at hand. And secondly, that not everyone around may care to hear what their pointlessly spouting off about.

The second verse is from 1 Peter 4:9, "Be hospitable to one another without complaint".  I think this verse applies to all people, especially loud & obnoxious people. If we stopped to think about what were thinking before we say or act on it, a lot of the strife and irritation that comes as part of daily life wouldn't exist. We'd all be better off without having to deal with either.